1. Word of Mouth is Always Best
Visiting spiritual mediums and intuitive readers is much less taboo than it was years ago, so don’t be afraid to ask family or friends for referrals.
My practice as a medium and intuitive reader has been built solely on word of mouth.
Tip: Ask friends what they liked about their reading and how the session was conducted. This way you’ll get an idea if this particular psychic or medium is a good fit for you, too.
2. New Age Shops Can be a Great Resource
New age shops carry things like sage, tarot cards, etc. Most of these shops rent space to intuitive readers.
Often, shop owners will seek out the very best psychic mediums and screen them by having a personal reading of their own.
Here’s what to do:
- Ask the employees to recommend their best psychic medium (make sure you specify which type of reading you are looking for – mediumship, intuitive, etc.). If you have more than one shop in your area, go to the one with the best reputation. Don’t know which that is? It’s usually the one with the best vibe, has employees that are down to earth, and seems to get a good amount of customers.
- Another option is to see if the shop offers any classes. Many times, the spiritual teachers who run the classes have good reputations and years of experience. This can be an easy way to find a best psychic medium in your area.
3. Know What You Want
The very first step at finding the best psychic medium is knowing what type of reading you want. Remember, not all readers do the same things. Mediums will connect with your loved ones in spirit, while Akashic Record readers (my favorite type of reading!) usually won’t.
Some readers, like myself, offer different types of readings, such as a combined mediumship/intuitive reading. Yet others practice methods of divination such as tarot. It would be a shame to set up an appointment with someone to connect with a loved one in heaven, and then find out that the reader only offers intuitive sessions. Double check that the psychic you select suits your needs.
If you are having an intuitive reading, it’s also a good idea to know some “reading basics”:
- How Free Will Affects Psychic Predictions
- 4 Reasons Not to Have a Prediction Reading
4. Let’s Talk Money: Price Does Not Always Equal Quality
I learned this lesson the hard way. I once paid $700 for a half hour reading (crazy, I know!) with a celebrity psychic and it was awful. Not only was there no connection between the reader and me, I honestly don’t think she was legitimate.
Price does not guarantee a good psychic reader. The ingredients that make someone a best psychic medium are:
- natural ability
- study/training with a mentor
- a good relationship with their own spirit guides and understanding how they best work with their own intuitive gifts (this is so important!)
Need Clarity? Talk to a Psychic Now
Here are two fantastic posts about how much you should pay for a psychic reading:
- How much should you pay for a reading?
- How to get cheap readings
5. Be Aware of Psychic Scams
Don’t be in such a rush to have a reading that you leave yourself vulnerable to getting scammed. There are all sorts of scams out there ranging from those online and off. Take the time to find the right reader for you.
You really want to trust your gut in this process. If something feels off or funny about an intuitive reader, there is probably a reason.
If you find that you’re running to psychics often for advice or “hopping” from one psychic to another, take caution that you aren’t becoming addicted to psychics. You can learn about how often you should get psychic advice here.
- Popular psychic scams
- Online psychic scams to watch out for
- Two things that fake psychics do
6. Secret Tip 🙂
Here’s a cool secret tip that a lot of people don’t know about:
See who popular psychics and mediums recommend.
Who are the best psychic mediums that you can think of right now? If you can’t afford to see that person, or if they have a very long waiting list, try this:
Check to see if they have a website. Sometimes, if they do, they will list other trusted readers on their site. Even some of the famous mediums and psychics have these resources on their sites.
Cautions and Tips for Finding the Best Psychic Medium Online
7. Online Psychics are Great – if You Know Who to Trust
Some of the best psychic mediums can be found online. I was so happy with my reading from Oranum (click the link to read my story) in which the psychic answered my questions one day while I was crying about my life. It was a huge relief to talk to someone and get some clarity!
Tip: If you are going to work with an online psychic service, I would encourage you toset a budget.
My “go-to” online psychic network is Oranum because you get to try different readers before entering into a paid reading. It’s an amazing network that they have set up and I encourage you to check it out 🙂
But you can also try a Psychic Phone Reading – it all depends on you.
8. Use Caution on Facebook
When searching for the best psychics online, read about their background and make sure that they have a professional looking website or blog. Personally, if I see a blog with a bunch of weird looking stuff I click my back button ASAP!
I would also recommend avoiding readers with names like “Madame So-and-So.” Fake names like this are usually not a great sign.
If something feels “off,” trust your gut and don’t make an appointment with that person.
- Read: Pros and cons of free psychic readings on Facebook
9. Use Caution when Using Online “Best” Lists
Yes, there are some extensive best lists out there and they do a great job of weeding out the legitimate readers from the fakes.
Keep in mind though, that the readers listed on these sites often pay hefty monthly fees to be endorsed by that site. This fact is not always made clear to the public.
A friend of mine is an awesome psychic medium and used to be listed as one of the best readers in the country.
And then one day, poof, she was removed from the list because she could no longer pay the hefty monthly fees to be promoted.
I’ve actually had readings with four people from this list. They were all legitimate and ethical, but in my opinion, I have found other best psychic mediums that were phenomenal and less expensive.
Bottom line: Without a doubt, there is a best psychic medium out there for you! Using these tips, you’ll be able to find someone who can help you find the answers you seek and give you some clarity.